Thursday, July 14, 2011

Northern Pike Monster in the Tusc

I have been fishing in the Tuscarawas River right in Massillon for a year or two now. I have just started to figure out the best way to catch Northern Pike there. I just caught this monster last week on a black $.99 spinning lure from Wal-Mart.



The river was a little low and the current was hardly moving. The water clarity was about a 4 on a scale of 1-10… 10 being awesomely clear.  It was over cast, humid, and it rained earlier in the day. So some water was running into the river from the spill way. I caught the Pike right off the current of the spill way. It was a nice fight. Light tackle with 8lb test line. I released it back into the murky depths to fight another day!

1 comment:

  1. yea umm im going to need you to stop fishing in my spot that would be great

    ReplyDelete